PRICING - Culture College
The Culture College program is priced to make sure that we can have as many schools and students visit and immerse themselves in the Aboriginal culture of East Arnhem Land.
Culture College is a not for profit company as all profits from our program are directed to the Hooker Family Foundation so that the good work of the Foundation can keep on providing a platform for educational exchange with Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth.
Culture College takes pride that a large % of the cost will go towards our Aboriginal partners and Service providers with all remaining funds being re-invested in the Hooker Family Foundation.
From $250-$300 per day (Not Including Airfare)
- Immersion planning with Educational Syllabus components as per individual School requirements
- A comprehensive risk assessment prepared for the school
- An information evening for students and parent (if required)
- Pre-departure sessions including all material and documentation for students and staff (if required)
- Final documentation and materials for students and staff
- 1 x Professional Culture College Tour Manager to oversee all on ground operations based on customised School Itinerary
- Accommodation in single room at Culture College
- Specious Tented Accommodation at Gulkula Site (Cultural Exchange Experience)
- Single stretcher bed or mattress
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily as per itinerary
- Meals at Culture College will be buffet style with healthy and dietary options
- Meals off site will be camp style or packed depending on daily itinerary
- Return airport transfers with professional drivers to and from Gove airport to Culture College base
- Transportation as required in Nhulunbuy and surrounding areas as per itinerary
- All Permits and Entry fees required
- All camping and cooking equipment required during Cultural Exchange Experience
- Mt Nhulun walking tour including ‘Welcome to Country’ ceremony by Local Yolngu Dhimurru Rangers from both local Clans
- Tour of Yirrkala School and famous Yirrkala Arts Centre (Buku-Larrngay Mulka) including Yirrkala Church Panels
- Traditional painting lessons
- Nhulunbuy Lagoon Walk (Gayngaru) led by local Yolngu from Dhimurru Rangers
- All Activities during Cultural Exchange Experience (sample below may not be included and is at discretion of Traditional Owners):
- Yolnu Language lessons
- Yolnu Sign Language lessons
- Dreaming Stories
- Preparation of Pandanus leaves for Basket Weaving
- Basket Weaving
- Bush Tucker – Gathering and Preparation
- Flower Charts
- Yidaki (Didgeridoo) Workshop
- Spear making
Culture College will assist our clients to arrange a group airfare out of your best capital departure city to Gove via Cairns.
Culture College will take the hassle away from you so you can concentrate of coming and immersing yourself in the Yolnu culture.